- Rising Kindergarten Enrollment for 2018-2019
- Enrolling in a Roaring Fork School in 2018-19
- Enrolling in a Roaring Fork School in 2017-18
- Attendance Area Map
- Early Childhood Enrollment
Registration for all rising kindergarteners will occur in all RFSD elementary schools on Friday April 6, 2018 from 7:30am to 5pm.
Parents/guardians should bring:
- a copy of their child's birth certificate
- a copy of their child’s immunization records, and
- a check for $357 (only needed for students interested in full-time enrollment).
Registration will include completing paperwork for the upcoming school year. Todos los materiales están disponibles en inglés y español.
Kindergarten Information Nights
Parents can attend these information nights to learn more about the school and the registration process. Below are the dates for each school:
- Basalt Elementary: April 3 at 5:30pm
- Carbondale Community School: February 15 at 5:30pm
- Crystal River Elementary: April 5 from 6-7pm
- Glenwood Springs Elementary: April 3rd from 5:30-6:30pm
- Riverview School: April 4th from 6:00-7:00pm
- Sopris Elementary: April 5 at 6:00pm
There will also be a kindergarten information panel sponsored by Blue Lake Preschool held in late February. More information to come.
Tours for rising kinders and their families will be offered at the following dates:
- Basalt Elementary: every Thursday in March, at 8:30am and 12:30pm
- Carbondale Community School: every Tuesday and Thursday morning from 8:30-9:30am starting January 23 through March 12. To sign up, please call 970-963-9647.
- Crystal River Elementary: every Thursdays in March, at 8:30am (tours in February by appointment, please call Sandy at 970-384-5623)
- Glenwood Springs Elementary: every Friday in March, any time between 8:30am to 3pm, or call for an appointment
- Riverview School: every Thursday in March, any time between 8:15am and 11am or between 12:30 and 3:15pm, or call Missael for an appointment at 970-928-0248
- Sopris Elementary: every Tuesday in March from 9-10:30am
*There will be no tours the week of Spring Break
For the 2018-19 school year, the Roaring Forks Schools are asking only those students who want to attend a school at which they do not have a guaranteed seat to indicate their enrollment intent by March 23. This applies to current students who wish to change schools, as well as to new students who wish to attend a school outside of their attendance area. (See attendance area map here.) This process will be a student’s best chance to be enrolled at his or her desired school if not guaranteed a spot at that particular school.
The majority of students do not need to participate in the enrollment process this year. Those who do not fill out a form will be enrolled automatically in their default or projected school. For current students, the projected school is the school a student has been attending. For transition-year students (students transitioning to the next school level), the projected school is the school in the same community attendance area. For instance, a 4th grade student at Basalt Elementary School will be automatically enrolled at Basalt Middle School for the following year. For new students, the projected school is the school in a student’s attendance area.
Last year, the Roaring Fork Schools held an early open enrollment for all students to be able to plan and budget ahead due to the opening of the new Riverview School. This year, the Roaring Fork Schools’ enrollment process will ensure a transparent and equitable process for students wanting to attend a school at or near capacity. Glenwood Springs High School is anticipated to be at or near capacity next year. Certain grade levels will be near or at capacity in several other schools throughout the district. As such, a student’s best chance to enroll in his or her school of choice is to complete an intent-to-enroll form during this early window.
Forms are available online here or in paper copy at all Roaring Fork schools and must be submitted to the school at which enrollment is sought by March 23. All students who submit an intent-to-enroll form will be notified by April 16 of their enrollment status.
*Please note that the Carbondale Community School runs a separate enrollment process. For more information about enrolling in this charter school, please call 970-963-9647.
If you're new to Roaring Fork Schools, you can go to your school of choice to enroll and register. The front office staff there can help you fill out the paperwork you need, including an Enrollment Application form. *Todos los materiales están disponibles en inglés y español.
Curious what your attendance area school is? Click here for a Map of Attendance Area for each RFSD School
*Todos los materiales están disponibles en inglés y español.
- Map of Attendance Area for each RFSD School (Instructions: Check the school name in the left column to show the attendance area layer for each school, and uncheck to hide layers. To enter your address and zoom the map to that location, click the small magnifying glass in the red bar at top left.)